Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Final Project Proposal

For the final project, I'd like to make a chap book or a video. If I were to make a chap book, I'd have 10 poems and make a bunch of copies and place them all over copy shops. I would make it on half-sized pages to make it look different. I might even put my twitter name on there so people can tweet at me what they think about my poems. This would allow me to grow as a poet and get some anonymous feedback. I would probably focus my poetry on Guatemala and my experiences there because it would be so new and different for everyone.
If I were to make a video, I'd make a long one that was around 3-5 minutes long. I would dedicate a good amount of time and use a real camera to get some nice camera angles. Personally, I'm attracted towards making the video because it's a little more challenging and much more visually pleasing.

I think this is what you wanted, not entirely sure...

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, you seem a bit undecided here. I liked the first approach, particularly the anonymous twitter name for getting feedback. You could blend the two, using some images of Guatemala as prompts or section dividers for your poems. I do like the idea of pushing that aspect of your work, but I'm never quite sure how you feel about it. If you take on a video, I'd need to see a clearer direction. You don't mention any subject here which feels pretty uncertain. Let's talk.

    ReplyDelete